What is it about travel posts that makes you curious, happy and yet so unbelievably jealous? Or is it just me ? Hahah.
Jealous because I am not there with them, having as much fun as they are having!
These 3 ladies have been out and about lately and I just couldn’t ignore their travels! The fun, the class, and pure joy one could taste just from their pics.
Thando Thabethe In Brazil
Travel aside, I am falling more and more in love with Thando Thabethe these days man. Love sure looks good on her and her love for travel just elevates her to the top of my favorite people list. I love the way she does travel, especially because she does it with the Bae! I feel like she’s living my travel dreams.
And has she always been this sexy? Yum!
So Thando went to Rio de Jainero in Brazil and here are a few facts to know if you’d like to visit:
- There is no Visa requirement for South Africans travelling to Brazil
- Yellow fever certificate is required
- You could pay as little as R6,500 for a flight depending on how quick you want to get there.
- The time difference is 5 hours in winter (October – February) and 4 hours in Summer (March – September)
- The currency used is Real (R$) and 1 Brazilian Real is = around R4
- The main language spoken by locals is Portuguese
If you’ve been wanting to visit Brazil, I’d guess that the best time to go would be around Rio Carnival? The 2018 dates are February 9 – February 13. Details HERE
Kelly Khumalo In Bali
I won’t even talk about what a gorgeous baby Kelly has, I will skip right through to her #BestieCation with Thami Kotlolo. Their beach holidays are everything. I think they went to Thailand last year and had as epic a time as they seemed to have on this trip.
I’ve been to Bali bathing but everyone who’s been going there lately has made me feel like I need a do-over! Like I didn’t explore and experience it as best as I could have, I mean my trip was good but I didn’t have the crazy fun Thami and Kelly had and I want that. So anyone wanna sponsor my trip to Bali? hehehe
- There is no visa requirement, provided you stay only up to 30 days.
- You could pay between R6,300 – R8,500 for a flight to Bali. I don’t think we have direct flights so you’ll have to make a stop in say Singapore or Hong Kong. When I went a few years ago, we had about 2 days in Hong Kong. I didn’t enjoy that place much.
- Bali is 6 hours ahead of South Africa
- Currency is Indonesian Rupiah and for R1 you get 1,013.96 Rp
- Main languages spoken Balinese and Indonesian, with English as the third most spoken language.
Rethabile in Jamaica
I am obsessed with Rethabile! I look at her instagram page and wish we were friends, she seems to ALWAYS be having fun, even when she’s talking about having to work, it sounds fun!
You know there are people who pretend they are having fun so they can take a picture (I know, I’ve done it) and then there are people who have fun and take pictures of those moments, she has a jol!
You only need to read through this interview I did with her to see how much I obsess over her travels – Chica Travel With Rethabile Ramaphakela in that interview she says she’d like to go to Jamaica and less than a year later she has made it happen! My Travel HERO!
Rethabile has just been on a trip to Jamaica with 3 of her friends and as always, her pictures gave me the most FOMO!
The list of places I want to travel to includes whatever places she’s been to so I’ve just conveniently remembered that I’ve always wanted to go to Jamaica, Morocco, Mexico and where ever else she’s going to next!
- There is no visa requirement for up to 90 days.
- Expect a super long journey, anything from 21 to 29 hours (if not more) and to flight prices start around R16,000 upwards. So it’s not a place you can just go to for a weekend.
- South Africa is 7 hours ahead of Jamaica.
- There are some required vaccinations e.g. hepatitis A, so please check before you travel.
- The currency used is Jamaican Dollar and for R1 you get 9.79 JMD
- English is the official language but locals also speak Jamaican Creole or Patois.
Any Insta travelers you love following on the gram? Where are you traveling to next?